I did make great progress, tho. I understand why people use patterns with instructions and I should have but I was just too lazy and went the "wing it" way. I had to hide the zipper because it was the only one I had that was right for the job but it was totally the wrong color. So I invented a new way to put in a zipper. Totally worked. I did fuck up the measurement. I cut 8" off the fabric for the 'skirt' part only to discover it was 8" too short.OOops. I just sewed it right back on. This robe is mainly so that I won't be naked on the web cams first thing in the morning. It's not for a fashion show. I still need to put on the pockets and finish the bottom with some kind of hem but I think it's going to be just what I wanted.
Biggie spent the first two hours helping me measure fabric and then making sure nothing stayed where I put it on the machine tables or ironing board. I said No and Stop 58,890 times. Then he curled up on the daybed and took a nap and my sewing was accompanied by little whistly kitty sleep sounds. So sweet that I hated to stop sewing. And that led to my being hunched over so long ... see paragraph one above.
Now I need to clean up the kitchen and then I'm going to relax with my crochet and some crime TV.