I've been conjuring on a fix and as I put them on this morning, I thought. Heck yeah, let's do it. So I cut the back strap in two and sewed the halves onto an inch of elastic. I even had elastic the right shade of blue! I sewed on strap on backwards and had to pick out the stitching and redo it. Then did the other shoe and made the same goddamn mistake! Geesh. BUT now, the shoes fit much better, the back strap doesn't pop off and I can pretty much put them on and take them off without having to use my hands. Happppppppppy!
Then I went to the shop in the next block and found more ice cream and tested my phone. It gave me an error but I figured out what the issue was, fixed it and BAM! The phone paid up. Victory.
They are finally putting a key fob system into our building. And it appears as if there will not be a special assessment for it. Which is lovely except they will likely hit us up for something else instead. Wiring a 100 year old building is not trivial. (There is a system that hooks up via WiFi but ensuring a solid signal without zero fails in a building with 18" wooden beams throughout is just the definition of dicey.) They are saying 3 weeks, so I'm guessing 5. I just hope the fob isn't too big. My car key fob is already a handful.
Trader Joe's Orange Chicken for dinner. Yum.