Then, this morning, the issue was my swim think and I worked over all the possibilities and then moved on to what if I rolled my own? I could make a giant doc - oh, wait, maybe better in a spreadsheet... I almost, for a minute, wished for the days of Microsoft Access. I got over that quickly, however.
When I got home, I poked around and found a neat little app that I can run on my chromebook and phone and back up to Google Drive. And I think I'm going to use it to build my own. I might even move my Flickr fabric album over into it.
I also had another different sewing adventure yesterday. There's a magazine in Finland that has some very cool designs and patterns for them. I liked a bunch of the patterns in an issue from 2015 and ordered a back copy. It arrived yesterday. It has pictures and patterns for all of these outfits:
The patterns are amazingly on 4 sheets - back and front of two large pieces of paper. There's a clever scheme for figuring out which lines to trace. At first glance, I thought it was impossible but it turned out to be only tricky.
You trace the pieces of the pattern/size you want and then use the result to cut out the fabric. I'm starting with that hoodie in the middle on the bottom row but I'm doing a cowl neck instead of the hood.
I just realized that I wrote about this yesterday. Rerun!
So today I will get started on a test of that hoodie... The pattern looks solid but just in case, I'll make one up using my Goodwill sheet fabric to make sure before I cut into the good stuff. I'm actually having a difficult time finding good, medium weight cotton knit fabric so I sure don't want to waste what I've found!
Or I might just get the data base rolling. Or both. Nothing else on the agenda so I can do what I want. But, first, I think I'll put some clothe on.