By 8:30 - while I was still swimming - BECU left me a voicemail that someone was trying to use my credit card at Target.
My purse and phone and lock were all taken from my locker in the locker room. By and gym member! They don't let non members into the locker room.
So for the past 3 hours I have been reconstructing my life.
Here's the good news:
- my house and car keys didn't get stolen. (in retrospect this is actually the best news of the day, really)
- the only thing that was not replaceable was a $60 gift certificate to a fancy restaurant
- Capital One gets the nod for THE easiest and most responsive of all the places I've had to call today. I got a person rather quickly and told him I need to report, replace and do it in a hurry cause I had other people to call. He stepped up fast and waived the $16 fee to get escalated replacement.
- my Capital One debit card was safely here at home. I got a wild hair one time that I should keep it separate from my BECU debit card just in case. Sometimes I am smart. So at least I can charge stuff and get cash without having to wait for new cards.
- I had recently changed purses and paired down to the minimum so I have a very fresh idea of what was in there.
- My new insurance card was also safely here at home.
- I wiped my phone clean remotely.
- Nothing was on the phone that hadn't been saved offline.
- I didn't sell my 6P yet. Or even wipe it. I had a sim on hand and a relatively quick phone call to T-mobile moved all my stuff (including number and prepay) to the new sim.
It's all just $$ really. And I have that, fortunately. I can replace it all. Replacing the phone will be the most painful and I'm not sure whether or not I will. Probably but I want to think about it a while first. My homeowners insurance covers it but it's a $5,000 deductible...
What a pain in the neck. I think I have everything in progress now. Discover makes me call them tomorrow again. (bogus) And my transit card has to be done in person to get the sweet old people fairs. But, the office you have to go to is just a couple of blocks away. I'll go later today.
Meanwhile it's now 1 pm and I haven't eaten anything yet today or done anything I had planned to. I think I'll grab some lunch and then walk up to the transit office. I need to stretch my legs anyway.