Then how to get it out... I finally figured that out. If you look closely you can see Zoey 'helping'.
But the result is way nicer than I even imagined. It's really solid and a lovely piece of well made furniture. That blue light is supposed to react with the special interior paint to prevent odors. We'll see. I'm not sure having that light visible is worth it. Easy to remove if not.
The very good news is that it is big enough (and tall enough) to accommodate a covered litter box. No matter how high the walls, she can still and will pee over the edge. It will be nice to be able to prevent that.
The only part of all of this that I really could not do was get that empty shipping box lifted high enough to get it into the dumpster. Fortunately before I really had time to even try, the maintenance guy came by and offered to do it for me. Whew.
Then it was a million trips from one end of the house to the other. I washed out the old scooper and litter box (the new cabinet came with one that I'll use until my hooded one arrives). All of that + the collapsible litter box house is now breathing fresh air out on the terrace. Once it's had a couple of days to air out, I'll either find a place to store it or take it all to the Goodwill.
If I'd been smart, I would have hired a task rabbit or somebody like that to come do this all for me. I used some muscles that had not been used in years. Tomorrow morning I will be very sorry I did not but now, I'm cool.
But, yeah. It's done and pretty, really pretty.
And the house cleaner will be here tomorrow with her turbo vacuum. If her daughter is with her, I'll see if the three of use can flip my mattress. As long as I've already aggravated these muscles anyway, I might as well get my money's worth.
I got Croc liners made and a bunch of dolls cut out but none will get sewn today. I'm pooped.