How practical is it for me to do what I do everyday on a tablet? Or even on my phone? Randoms:
- Typing is one obstacle. I have not developed the skills needed to be a great onscreen typists - phone or tablet.
- In my embarrassingly giant trove of collected hardware I have located both a fullsized bluetooth keyboard and a teensy weensy one. Both work.
- I have yet another keyboard - this one a keyboard case - for the tablet, coming tomorrow.
- Speed is another factor. My phone, a Nexus 5, actually has a beefier processor than my Nexus 7 tablet. I have no idea how much beefier but the action is better in practice.
- The Nexus 7 tablet is not always well behaved. The phone seems far steadier and more reliable.
- Websites tend to default to 'mobile' versions which are generally not at all satisfactory. Often you can click to non-mobile but sometimes it is trickier than that.
- I need Flickr, Google +, Twitter, Gmail, and, of course, reading/writing at LJ. (I already use the phone and/or tablet for Kindle and Audible and games.)